Click On Button
  Below for Much Help

Child Abuse and Alcohol

"Child Abuse and Alcohol: May be different than you'd expect. "
copyright 2011, all rights reserved

by Toby Rice Drews
author of the "Getting Them Sober" books

Most States have anonymous 'tip' phone lines, where one can call Social Services//protective services for child abuse // elder abuse // etc.

One can call Social Services for that 'anonymous tip' phone number in one's area.

The laws in each State are very different, but here are some things that have been told to me over the years, from protective-services staff all over the country---------

They investigate but do not report back to people who give them tips. There are privacy rules that do not allow that.

Also, I have been told that some States//municipalities act much faster than others.

For instance, over the years, social workers with protective services, in various States, related to me that the number of reports were so huge in large cities, that in many cases, it just established a "paper trail". Thereafter, it was a matter of "triage-like" (worst cases first) investigation and action.

It was also related to me that in quite a few areas of the country, especially in large cities, where there are thousands of cases of abuse reported on a regular basis, children were usually not taken from their homes even if mothers were 'doing crack' long as the children were 'cared for'------- i.e., fed on a regular basis, attending school, wearing appropriate clothing to keep warm (winter coats), and there were no signs of being physically hurt (of course, physicians are always brought in to examine the child..... and a team of clinicians determines the cause of the physical problem after hearing the doctor's report and visiting the home, etc.)

If it is determined that it is unsafe for the child to stay in his/her home while investigation is being done, the child is often then removed from the home temporarily, and sent to a temporary foster home or to a home of a relative of the child--- who is first investigated to see if that is safe for the child to be there.

Recovery Communications, Inc. • P.O. Box 19910 • Baltimore, MD 21211

Phone: 410-243-8352 • Fax: 410-243-8558 • e-mail:
For more about Child Abuse and Alcohol visit my home page
Child Abuse and Alcohol Child Abuse and Alcohol Child Abuse and Alcohol Child Abuse and Alcohol Child Abuse and Alcohol

Adult children, Alcohol addiction, Alcohol and health,
Alcoholism recovery, Child Abuse and Alcohol, Co dependency,
Codependent, Drinking problems, Child Abuse and Alcohol families,
Effects of alcohol, Family problems, Family secrets,
Symptoms of alcoholism, Child Abuse and Alcohol, Adult Child Abuse and Alcohol,
Alanon, Al-anon, Alcoholic Behavior,
Alcoholism Treatment, Alcohol Problems, Drinking problem,
Child Abuse and Alcohol Living, Child Abuse and Alcohol, alcohol abuse treatment,
alcoholic anonymous meetings, alcoholic issues, Alcoholic Relapse,
Alcoholic Treatment, alcoholism and divorce, alcoholism and drugs,
alcoholism and guilt,l alcoholism and health, alcoholism and marriage,
Child Abuse and Alcohol, dealing with alcoholic, divorce and alcoholic,
anger and alcoholic, blocking recovery, drunk driving,
alcohol communication problems, alcohol denial, alcoholic blame,
Child Abuse and Alcohol, alcoholic marriage advice, alcoholism is a disease,
alcohol relapse, an enabler, codependency,
dry drunk, grief and alcoholism, alcoholics,
children of an alcoholic, codependence, detach,
detachment, dysfunctional, sober,
sobriety, teen drinking, Child Abuse and Alcohol,
learning to date, leaving an alcoholic, stopping relapse,
enabling alcoholic, ending alcoholism, family disease of alcoholism,
marriage and alcoholic, recovering in aa, speeding up recovery, Women and alcoholism